Copyright 2019 Law Web Design by Hilartech Digital Marketing.
All Rights Reserved.

(240) 687-0179

Criminal Defense 24 hr Hotline Text/Call

(301) 627-5844

Free Consultation



Your Resource For Child Support Concerns

Child Support

In many divorces, one parent must make child support payments to continue providing for their children even when not living with them. A family law attorney can analyze the likely outcome of child support in your case and discuss your options with you.

Our team at Haskell & Zimmerman knows the toll a divorce can take, including the financial burdens. We strive to offer our clients excellent service and an understanding of what is going on in their case. We can answer your questions and work for the best possible outcome for your situation.

We strive to offer our clients excellent service and an understanding of what is going on in their case.

How Is Child Support Calculated?

Maryland has a fairly formulaic method for determining how much child support a parent must pay. It is meant to find the percentage of your income that would go toward caring for your kids if you still lived with your spouse.

To determine child support payments, court will weigh factors from both parents such as income, child care expenses and the cost of medical needs that are not covered by insurance. If one parent is unemployed and has chosen not to seek employment, court will determine his or her potential income.

Can Child Support Orders Be Changed?

If your or your ex-spouse’s circumstances change significantly in the future, it may be possible to modify child support orders. We can examine these changes and help you seek modifications for support payments.

Contact Haskell & Zimmerman

TAll divorces differ from each other. The best way to find answers is to talk to a skilled attorney about your individual case. Please fill out our online form or call (301) 627-5844. Evening and weekend appointments are available upon request. We serve clients in Upper Marlboro, Prince Frederick, Leonardtown and all across Maryland.